This is an Art Advice by Sylvia White
"By the time most artists come to see me, they are usually beaten down and depressed by the struggles of the art world. They have been abused by their galleries, taken for granted by their collectors, misunderstood by their families and exhausted from juggling real life with creative need. It is so easy to forget how special you are, when there is no one around to remind you, but you. So, in the spirit of Thanksgiving, I give you my list of 10 Things Artists Should Be Thankful For. Print this out, fold it up and put in your wallet. Send it to your artist friends. Read it whenever you feel all your work is for nothing and you are thinking maybe you should just stop making art and grow up. Post it in your studio when you are wondering what the heck you are going to do with all this work? But, most of all…believe it. Remember, it is impossible to feel thankful and be depressed at the same time. "
2. I am thankful that when I am away from my studio, my ideas come with me, they keep me company everywhere I go.
3. I am thankful for this passion that gives me so much joy (and angst) but mostly joy.
4. I am thankful that when I have left this earth, I will leave something meaningful behind.
5. I am thankful that I have a mind that can not sleep, I will never be bored.
6. I am thankful that there is a part of my life that nobody can control, except me.
7. I am thankful that no one in the world can ever take this gift from me.
8. I am thankful that I am brave, it takes courage to pursue my gift.
9. I am thankful that I am never satisfied, it forces me to move forward and grow.
10. I am thankful I discovered this list! Pass it on.
"Sylvia White used to be a member of my International Art Community long time ago, and with her permission, from time to time you will see posts of some of her advices in this blog to be shared with all of you. They are a true inspiration and motivation".Please visit her site Sylvia White- Contemporary Artist's Services